While there is no concrete yes or no answer to that question, I can tell you that most people can experience some level of trance and receive some benefits from the experience. Dr. Holt will generally know by the end of the first session if hypnosis will be a useful tool for your concerns.
What are some of the issues that have been shown through research and practice to be helped by the hypnosis experience?
- Alleviating chronic and acute pain
- Enhancing self esteem
- Reducing anxiety and overcoming phobias including lack of confidence in test taking and stage fright
- Controlling side effects from chemotherapy
- Reducing responses to stress
- Helping with insomnia
- Managing guilt
- Increasing interpersonal effectiveness
- Reducing and eliminating habit disorders such as smoking and nail biting
- Enhancing academic and sports performance
These are just a few of the ways that hypnosis can be beneficial. If you think I can help you or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email, text, or a phone call.