I found early on in my career as a teacher and a therapist that you know what is best for you. My approach is driven by your needs, wants, and desired outcomes. I tailor every session to your goals.
My counseling career began over 40 years ago as a teacher in a middle school. I began to have students staying after school asking me questions about problems they were having in their personal lives. Feeling inadequate to help beyond listening, I went back to school for my Master’s Degree in Counseling, and then my Doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Eventually I became a Professor of Counseling with a private practice in Psychology. After attending many trainings, I began to specialize in hypnosis and went on to teach a graduate course in hypnosis. In addition to teaching, I conducted workshops around the country where I taught others how to use hypnosis effectively in counseling. It has been my passion to help others with this unique tool. I retired six years ago but never lost my love for helping others especially using the power of hypnosis. After listening to that small voice in my head, I have returned to my passion.
If you think that I can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. If I am not the best person for you, I will try to help you find the right helper.
- BA, cum laude with Honors in Psychology from Vanderbilt University, 1967
- MS in Educational Counseling from the University of Tennessee, 1972
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Georgia, 1977
- Professor of Education, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi , 1977-2012
- Psychologist in private practice, 1979-2012
- World wide seminar instructor in hypnosis and other counseling techniques, 1980-2015
- Licensed as a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Psychologist, retired in 2012
- Certified as an Instructor in Clinical Hypnosis by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Numerous teaching and counseling awards as listed on my vita
- Author of numerous articles on counseling issues
- Developer of an Intimacy Scale which measures levels of intimacy in relationships
Mary Louise Holt, Ph.D.
2 thoughts on “About Me”
You were such an important influence in my education and early career. Thank you!
Annie, Thank you so much. How are you doing?